Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grandpa's raspberry Shorbet binge

One sunny summer afternoon I wanted to cool off
Have to have a cup of Shorbet, raspberry
We have a shop nearby, grandpa said . In a hurry
we darted out the door, Grandpa and me.
Hopped in his car, he behind the wheel, I in the rear in my child seat
belted and all, like people in space craft
painful. The crave did me good in bearing the agony
to get my Raspberry shorbet in my mouth so fast
so we went about a mile and half, to the diary oberweiss
where sparsely any body except a few kids lined up
at the counter ordering their stuff and waiting
told me my grandpa, go sit at that table
where on there was a chess drawing and pawns.
he ordered two scoops and a spare cup, paid the cashier
got the shorbet and came over to the table
I was waiting restlessly, handling the pawns,
Sat he and offered the shorbet to me, and I offered him half,
it is only fair that he gets a taste , you know. So we enjoyed
playing chess and having shorbet. Pretty soon shorbet finished
and I made him lose the chess game in a snap.
He accepted defeat just for me, just to make me happy
that is my grandpa who always loves me.
I love my grandpa too, we are the best of friends you know
as always been and always be forever and ever.

No comments: